Monday, 25 January 2016

Run Clare 2016 Expectations


 
 
 
This Saturday sees the first race of the Run Clare Series 2016, The 5K Resolution Run, taking place in Ennis. As a result I thought it was a good time to look at my expectations for the series. The series is 4 races over 4 months, 5K, 5 mile, 10K and 10 miles. I thoroughly enjoyed the series last year and so I want to make the most of it again this year.
 
Last year I ran 3 of the races without the need to walk but the 10 mile was the one that beat me. I had been very sick in the weeks prior to the race, having been signed out of work, by my doctor, and advised to get as much bed rest as possible. This affected my mentality and fitness, approaching the race. I am proud if the fact that I ran 4 miles before walking so this year my goal is to beat that.
 



 
I have compiled my times from each race, below and
 
5K Resolution Run: 34:51
Michael Egan Memorial 5 Mile: 55:42
Eamon Moloney 10K: 1:07:22
Sonny Murphy Memorial 10 Mile: 2:00:59
 
 
This year I am aiming to beat each of the above times, even if it is only by a single second. I also want to be more aware of my mental attitude before, during and after each race as last year I allowed my head to rule and let negativity swallow me up after some of the races. I don’t want to feel any disappointment this year as it’s such a fantastic accomplishment to participate in the series, regardless of the results. I don’t think I’m asking too much of myself. I know that I can do this and reach my goals. My nerves are setting in already but I’m also filled with excitement at the thought of getting back into running and aiming for better times.
 
If you haven’t already signed up, it’s not too late, just click here. Alternatively you can register for each race individually, on the day. The only down fall for not registering for the full series is that you will miss out on the chance to get the specially designed medal. 




For more information on the series, you can click on the below links:
 
Eamon Moloney 10K: Website and Facebook
 

No comments:

Post a Comment